Taste the flavors of the US West Coast right here in Cebu at Movenpick Hotel Mactan. The exclusive new California-inspired menu celebrates the fusion of sunshine and seasonal fare that’s available at The Sails Restaurant thoughout the month of March 2019.
I was able to nipped at each of the seven featured dishes during an intimate get together at The Sails just recently and loved every dish as each brought into play fresh locally grown produce, imported organic meat in delectable sunny California flavors.
“Hollywood, Venice Beach and Napa Valley might spring to mind when you think of America’s hip and effortlessly glamorous Golden State,” said Max Huber, General Manager, Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu. “With our new California dreamin’ menu throughout the months of March and April, guests will be thinking about The Sails restaurant when it comes to fresh, organic cuisine, exciting flavours and happy times spent with family and friends.”
Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu’s California dreamin’ à la carte menu features seven dishes of classic California fusion cuisine. Seafood, fruit, vegetables and fresh herbs figure prominently in a medley of bold flavours, surprising combinations and unpretentious style. Guests may choose their favourite dishes from the following delicious selections:
- Crab cakes: Freshly-caught local stone crabs are a menu staple in the Santa Barbara region. Accompanied by a spicy Asian remoulade and crisp salad, these crunchy crab bites are an ideal first course or a tasty protein-rich snack, California style.
- Flowered tuna: Anyone who has visited the American Riviera will have fallen in love – with the sea, the mountains and of course, the Pacific coastline’s irresistible culinary specialties. Fresh tuna garnished with flowers, vegetables and orange relish might just be love at first sight, or rather, bite?
- The cows of Santa Rita Hills are famed for producing outstanding organic beef. Mövenpick’s version of the classic carpaccio combines the multicultural influences of Californian cuisine with Mediterranean charm, featuring cow, goat and sheep cheese, tomatoes and olive tapenade.
- Label Rouge salmon: The Golden State’s Farmers Markets are legendary for their wonderful varieties of freshly-harvested vegetables. Mövenpick mixes a colourful bouquet of baby vegetables in refreshing lemon vinaigrette to complement glazed salmon, lightly cooked in olive oil.
- Lemon Poultry: Guests may be familiar with the sweet lemons of the Italian Amalfi coast, but they might not know California remains ahead of Italy on the list of top 10 citrus-growing countries. Naturally, Mövenpick’s spin on classic lemon chicken features a zesty Californian twist.
- Oven-roasted lamb rack: California proudly supports its passionate farmers who are committed to animal welfare in order to sustainably and naturally produce the best quality meat possible. Mövenpick’s lamb is crusted with fresh herbs, roasted to a delicate pink and paired with boldly flavoured bush beans.
- Lemon & avocado cheesecake: Every October, Carpinteria’s Avocado Festival attracts tens of thousands of foodies. They flock to the oceanside city to sample creative avocado delights, from guacamole and avocado beer to sweet desserts such as this cheesecake with lemon and avocado curd.
For more information on Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu’s California dreamin’ menu, please visit: movenpick.com/California.