The last time I had a cup of coconut coffee was 4 months ago, while on a nature trip to Malaysia. And since my supposedly vacay with my dad in Vietnam was cancelled this month, why not hack a coconut coffee beverage instead for good vibes.
I used MilkLab’s Coconut Milk, for this rendition of the well loved Vietnamese coconut coffee . The milk’s subtle richness gives this caffeine cup a silky texture, complimenting its boldness.
2 tablespoon Vietnamese Coffee (I used Trung Nguyen Coffee ground)
1/3 to 1/2 cup of MilkLab Coconut Milk (Get milk for coffee HERE)
3/4 to 1/2 cup hot water
2 tbsp. condensed milk
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp condensed milk
1 tbsp. toasted desiccated coconut
1. Put your coffee grounds in a phin filter. Pour a small amount (about 2 tablespoon) of hot water first for a few seconds to let the coffee bloom, then slowly pour the remaining hot water in.
2. Cover the filter and let it sit and drip for a few minutes.
3. After, pour in coconut milk in drip coffee
1. Whisk coconut milk and condensed milk using a frother
2. Then top coconut coffee concoction with froth
3. Then top with toasted desiccated coconut