The best thing to make of leftover rice is to fry it! A little oil, cloves of garlic and fry it on a wok and you are all set. Since I got some danggit from Nenit’s Buwad Cebu and a bottle of bagoong, I decided to toss a special fried rice fave- Danggit Bagoong Fried Rice.
Here’s a quick recipe you can do in less than 15 minutes, and serves three!
3 cups leftover rice (or cooked rice)
1 garlic bulb, minced
10 pieces danggit, I used Nenit’s Buwad Danggit
2 tablespoon bagoong
chopped spring onion for garnish
1. Fry danggit.
2. When cooked and crispy, crush 6 into pieces. Set aside.
3. With the oil you used in cooking the danggit, sauté the minced garlic.
4. When the garlic turns a bit golden and toasty, add the three cups of rice.
5. Fold rice with the garlic and danggit oil.
6. Add the two tablespoon bagoong. Continue to fold.
7. Add the crushed danggit.
8. Mix well.
9. Top it with the rest of the danggit.
10. Serve and enjoy!